Tour Sillustani Half Day
Tour Sillustani Half Day
Discover the beauty of the Sillustani chulpas, typical burial constructions of the altiplano. Sillustani is a pre-Inca and Inca cemetery; it is located 34 km from the City of Puno, approximately 40 minutes from Puno.
- Dozens of cyclopean towers rest on the peninsula of the Umayo lagoon, challenging the passage of time and the winds that often blow in the place.
- Chullpas are typical constructions of the Altiplano of Peru, Bolivia and Chile. These are funerary towers in which the nobles were buried and which, depending on the area in which they are found, have different characteristics: while those in the north of the Altiplano are usually circular and stone, those in the south are rectangular and made with adobe.
Duration: 3hrs 30min.
Sillustani Half Day
The tour starts with the pick up from the respective hotels, then we will go to the archaeological complex of Sillustani located 33km from the city of Puno.
During the trip our guide will explain about the history and origin of the city of Puno and the silluastani tombs that belong to the Kolla culture (1200 -1450) that developed in the northern part of the lagoon known as hatuncolla.
when we arrival will have a walk in the archaeological site of sillustani which was built in the XII century by a civilization that occupied the area before the Inca domain. the creators of the imposing funerary towers know that they belonged to the Kolla culture. the most imposing towers were built for the chiefs and important priests.considered by the locals as sacred sites where ceremonial activities and rituals are still carried out.
We will have free time to rest and take pictures next to the UMAYO lagoon.
After our visit of the archaeological site we will descend to visit the HATUMCOLLA community, where we will appreciate directly the difference of the South American camelids (Alpaca, Suri, Llama) finally we will visit the rural houses of families, where they will show us their handicrafts, typical food, traditional activities and clothing.
then back to Puno.
- Transportation Puno-Sillustan-Puno.
- Professional Spanish/English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee.
- Others not mentioned.
What To Bring
- Wear light and warm clothes, the weather in the morning is cold, at noon it is warm and windy in the afternoon.
- Wear a hat and / or sunscreen.
- Comfortable shoes for the walk.
- Cash if you want to buy souvenirs, do not accept credit / debit cards.
- Drinks and snacks.
|Number of persons||Details||Price