Trekking Colca Canyon 2 Days – 1 Nights
Trekking Colca Canyon 2 Days – 1 Nights
Move over the Grand Canyon: there’s a much more impressive canyon in town. Peru’s Colca Canyon is the world’s second deepest, measuring in at around 3,400m at its deepest point – twice as deep as the Grand Canyon.
- During the trek you spend the night at the Oasis Lodge, near the bottom of the Canyon.
This tour include the sighting of Andean Condors.
- will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or hostel in Arequipa.
- Duration : 02 Days / 01 Nights
- Frequency : Every day
- Altitude: 3400 msnm (11152 feet)
- Temperature: High Andean zone climate temperature generally varies from 7°C to 22°C and rarely drops below 0°C or rises above 25°C.
- Difficuty level: Hard; good physical condition
- Tour Type: Nature & Lost walking around
- Start/End: At 03: 00 am – 17:00 hours
Day 1: Trekking - Colca - Canyon - Chivay
03:30 am, Pick up from the respective hotel in tourist mobility, we will travel for 03 Hrs. to Chivay where we will have our breakfast, then we will go to La Cruz del Condor, where we will appreciate the flight of the condors and the depth of the canyon, then we will continue to Cabaconde to start the hike, to the paradisiacal Colca Valley, we will descend 3 hours approximately until arriving to Sangalle where we will settle in Paraiso Las Palmeras Lodge, observing on the way to the majestic landscapes and the mythical sepregina (volcano), Lunch in Sangalle and free afternoon to enjoy the facilities.
Dinner, bonfire at night, overnight in Classic Lodge
Day 2: Oasis (Sangalle) - Arequipa
After breakfast we will begin the hike, this time of ascent during 03 ½ Hrs. approx. Arrival to the town of Cabanaconde. In this town our tourist transport will be waiting for us to return to the town of Chivay, making tourist stops.
11:30 Hrs: Arrival to the town of Yanque time to visit the medicinal thermal baths. Then we will have lunch in Chivay. After lunch, we will back to Arequipa, during our return we will visit the viewpoint of the Andes and the reserve of salt mines and white water arriving to the city of Arequipa at 16:30 approx.
We recommend using a small comfortable backpack, you don’t require a sleeping bag.
- Tourist transportation Arequipa- Cabanaconde- Arequipa
- Personalized assistance guide
- First aid material
- lodge with private bathroom
- Meals (02 breakfasts, 01 lunch, 01 dinner)
- Last lunch in Chivay
- Entrance fee to the cross of condor and Colca National Park S/. 70.00 Peruvian Soles
- Entrance fee to hotsprings pools S/. 15.00 Peruvian Sol. (optional)
Follow the classic routes
The Colca is a canyon that encompasses different towns and scenery, therefore, the first recommendation you should take into account is to avoid following non-established routes, especially if you go without the company of a guide, if you are a beginner in trekking or if you have not previously visited the territory. Avoid getting lost! Be responsible and follow the classic routes.
Do not continue walking at night
The Colca Canyon is characterized by steep areas, so it is not advisable to follow the path at night because you will not have the necessary lighting to notice the abysses and avoid them. Follow the recommendations of the guide, if you have one, and stop your hike before it gets dark.
If you are going to camp, take warm clothes.
Although the weather in Arequipa is pleasant during the day, the nights in the Colca Canyon are characterized by being quite cold. If you opt for a tour to Arequipa that involves spending the night in the canyon, it is advisable to take special tents for this type of weather, and warm clothes.
Best time to visit the Colca Canyon
The Colca can be visited all year round. However, if you want to visit it at the best time, the ideal time is between March and June. If you travel earlier, keep in mind that the place will be in rainy season, so you should anticipate this when selecting your luggage and the trails you plan to walk.
What To Bring
- Treking shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hat to protect against the sun
- Hat and gloves for the cold
- Comfortable shoes
- Personal higiene ítems
- Water (water is available to buy in each village, however it will be at a higher price)
- Extra money in Peruvian soles
|Number of persons||Price