Tour Colca Canyon Full Day
Tour Colca Canyon Full Day
This tour Colca Canyon starts very early, and it will take you to know one of the deepest canyons in the world, as well as the possibility of seeing the majestic flight of the famous Andean Condors. You will enjoy a sightseeing tour to the National Reserve Salinas y Aguada Blanca until reach the Cross of Condor in Chivay, and explore traditional towns with colonial churches.
- This tour Colca Canyon include the sighting of Andean Condors.
- In this tour Colca Canyon with its outstanding pre-Inca terraces along the valley. in the way you have chance to Visit the traditional Yanque village, here you will have the oportunitie to enjoy the hotspring pools known as “Chacapi” which are located next to the Colca river offering have amazing view of the Canyon.
- Altitude: 3500 msnm (11500 feet)
- Temperature: High Andean zone climate temperature generally varies from 7°C to 22°C and rarely drops below 0°C or rises above 25°C.
- Difficuty level: easy
- Tour Type: Classic Tour
- Start/End: At 03: 00 am – 17:00 hours
Full Day Colca Canyon
We Will pick you up very early in the morning 3:00am. We will depart from Arequipa in our private movicle. Around 06:00 am, you will arrive to the village of Chivay, the Capital´of Colca Valley. Then we will drive 15 minutes more to the beatiful viallage of Yanque to enjoy a delicious breakfast. We will drive to highest part of the Canyon, known as the Cross of Condor. This is where the Andean Condor, one of the world’s largest flying bird offers a truly breath taking show for visitors, it is important to be as early as possible in order not to miss the spectacular nature show. You will remain here for 1 hour and then you will have the option to join your tour guide for a short hike along the edge of the canyon (45m mild hike). This enjoyable trek is for everyone and will offer you spectacular dropping views of canyon walls. Our transport will wait for us at the end of the hike and take us back to Chivay making some stops where we Will see a unique picture viewpoints of the Colca Canyon with its outstanding pre-Inca terraces along the valley. Then you will arrive to traditional Yanque village, here you will have the chance to enjoy the hotspring pools known as “Chacapi” which are located next to the Colca river offering an astonishing view of the Canyon. You will then have time for lunch before and then travel back to Arequipa city
On our travel back to Arequipa we will stop at Pata Pampa”(Pata=high, Pampa=land), located at 4910m above sea level, a great viewpoint of Peru’s astonishing mountain rage as well as giant volcanos such as Ampato, Sabancaya, Mismi(the source of the Amazon River). You will also make picture stops at the National Reserve of “Pampa Cañahuas” located at 3400m above sea level, where you can observe the wild Vicuñas in their natural habitat, this a great chance for a once in a lifetime holiday photo. We arrive to Arequipa around 5pm.
- Round-trip transport from Arequipa to Colca Canyon
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English/Spanish)
- 01 buffet Lunch in Chivay S/45
- Entrance fee to the cross of condor and Colca National Park S/. 70.00 Peruvian Sol.
- Entrance fee to hotsprings pools S/. 15.00 Peruvian Sol. (optional)
- Extras not mentionet in the program.
Follow the classic routes
The Colca is a canyon that encompasses different towns and scenery, therefore, the first recommendation you should take into account is to avoid following non-established routes, especially if you go without the company of a guide, if you are a beginner in trekking or if you have not previously visited the territory. Avoid getting lost! Be responsible and follow the classic routes.
Do not continue walking at night
The Colca Canyon is characterized by steep areas, so it is not advisable to follow the path at night because you will not have the necessary lighting to notice the abysses and avoid them. Follow the recommendations of the guide, if you have one, and stop your hike before it gets dark.
If you are going to camp, take warm clothes.
Although the weather in Arequipa is pleasant during the day, the nights in the Colca Canyon are characterized by being quite cold. If you opt for a tour to Arequipa that involves spending the night in the canyon, it is advisable to take special tents for this type of weather, and warm clothes.
Best time to visit the Colca Canyon
The Colca can be visited all year round. However, if you want to visit it at the best time, the ideal time is between March and June. If you travel earlier, keep in mind that the place will be in rainy season, so you should anticipate this when selecting your luggage and the trails you plan to walk.
What To Bring
- Waterproof clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat to protect against the sun
- Bathing suit, towel
- Comfortable clothing
- Fleece clothing to stay warm (Polartec or similar)
- Money peruvian soles
|Number of persons||Details||Price |