Tour Sillar Route
Tour Sillar Route
This place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with cliffs that are several meters high, formed by the extraction for the formation of the ashlars.
when we end of the walk we will be able to observe petroglyphs made by the Wari culture more than a thousand years ago.
Frequency: Daily Departures
Schedule: 8:50 am – 13:00 pm / 13:50 pm – 18:00 pm
Arequipa -Sillar Route
at 8.50 am / 1:50 pm Pick up from your hotel. We will start visiting a viewpoint of the Chilina Valley from where we will see our 3 main mountains.
Then we will go to the volcanic stone quarries, transporting us to the origins and the way in which the historical center of the city of Arequipa was built.
We will visit the quarries in current exploitation and we will observe live the ancestral process of extraction of large blocks and carving of the ashlars made by the stonemasons with simple tools such as the barreta, the camber and the chisel. We will be surprised to see how hard-working masters carve the façade of the church of the Society of Jesus on a cliff, demonstrating singular skill and dexterity.
We will visit the enigmatic Culebrillas ravine, an imposing virgin quarry in a narrow path formed by the erosion of water and wind over time. In addition to experiencing sensations of majesty and mystery, we can find petroglyphs.
We will return to the city of Arequipa.
We recommend using a small, comfortable backpack.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English/Spanish)
- Visit to the Virgin Quarries
- Quarries of Añashuayco.
- Accommodation along the trek (private and sharing rooms, upon request)
- All meals in the canyon including first and last breakfast.(Vegetarian option available on request)
- Entrance fee (5.00)
- Extras not mentionet in the program
What To Bring
- Warm clothing
- Hat to protect against the sun
- Comfortable shoes
- Personal higiene ítems
- Water (water is available to buy in each village, however it will be at a higher price)
|Number of persons||Details||Price |