Manu National Park 4 DAYS / 3 Nights
Manu National Park 4 DAYS / 3 Nights
This 4-day journey through Manu National Park offers an immersive experience, blending adventure, wildlife exploration, and cultural encounters in one of the most ecologically significant regions in the world.
- Biodiversity: Explore one of the most biodiverse areas on the planet, with Manu National Park being home to a vast array of plant and animal species.
- Cloud Forest Experience: Witness the transition from high-altitude cloud forests to the rich lowland rainforests, observing the changes in flora and fauna along the way.
- Wildlife Encounters: Encounter unique wildlife, including macaws, tapirs, capybaras, and the elusive jaguar, with opportunities for birdwatching and animal spotting.
- Cultural Immersion: Interact with local communities, gaining insight into their traditional ways of life and the importance of conservation efforts.
- Boat Adventures: Enjoy scenic boat rides along the rivers, providing a different perspective of the Amazon basin and its stunning landscapes.
Day 1: Cusco to Manu Cloud Forest
- Departure from Cusco: Embark on a scenic drive from Cusco, descending into the lush Andean cloud forest.
- Paucartambo: Explore the picturesque town of Paucartambo, known for its colonial architecture and vibrant cultural heritage.
- Acjanaco Pass: Reach the high-altitude Acjanaco Pass for breathtaking panoramic views of the cloud forest. Marvel at the diverse flora and fauna unique to this region.
- San Pedro: Descend further into the cloud forest and arrive at the community of San Pedro, where you’ll spend the night in a comfortable lodge.
Day 2: Manu Cloud Forest to Amazon Lowland
- Birdwatching: Start the day with early morning birdwatching, spotting a myriad of colorful bird species in their natural habitat.
- Atalaya Port: Travel to Atalaya Port and switch to a boat for a scenic journey along the Alto Madre de Dios River.
Afternoon: . Pilcopata: Arrive at Pilcopata, a small town nestled in the foothills of the Andes. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon and evening in this tranquil setting.
Day 3: Boat Ride and Lake Salvador
- Boat Ride: Embark on a boat journey downstream to explore the diverse ecosystems along the Madre de Dios River.
- Lake Salvador: Reach Lake Salvador and enjoy a serene paddleboat excursion, observing wildlife such as giant otters, caimans, and various bird species.
Afternoon: Rainforest Trails: Hike through pristine rainforest trails, guided by experienced naturalists. Learn about the incredible biodiversity of the Amazon rainforest.
Day 4: Return to Cusco
- 11. Canopy Tower: Climb a canopy tower for a bird’s eye view of the rainforest, offering a unique perspective of the vast wilderness.
- Return to Cusco: Begin the journey back to Cusco, reflecting on the extraordinary biodiversity and natural beauty experienced in Manu National Park.
Day 1: Cusco (3,300m.s.n.m.) – Andes- (3650m.s.n.m.) Cloud Forest (1,700m.s.n.m.)
We leave Cusco early in the morning in one of our vehicles. We will pass through interesting valleys and picturesque communities. We will visit pre Incan tombs and then we will stop in Paucartambo, a beautiful colonial town. Here we will visit a very interesting museum. We will have a packed lunch en route. We continue to the cloud forest, an area rich with endemic species like the Spectacled Bear, the Cock of The Rock, a variety of orchids, bromeliads and ferns etc. Take in the beautiful nature as we make our way to San Pedro de Orquideas Lodge where we will spend our first night in our comfortable accommodation.
Day 2 : Cloud Forest – Erika Lodge (400m.s.n.m.)
Very early we will go in search of the Cock of the Rock, the National bird of Peru, that has a very unique courtship dance. After breakfast we will continue to the small town of Pilcopata*, then to the Port of Atalaya, which is located on the shores of the Madre de Dios River (700 m.s.n.m). Here we will take a boat to our Private Reserve of “Erika”*. From the boat we will be able to see an enormous diversity of bird species such as Herons, vultures and cormorants etc. We will walk along the interesting trails that are in the transistion zone between high and low jungle and your guide will point out and explain the interesting diversity of wild life that surrounds you. We will have the chance for a night walk to catch a glimpse of insects and amphibians. We overnight in our Erika Lodge.
* 1 Free Option – Rafting: In Pilcopata you will have 90 minutes of rafting (grade I & II) on the Koñeq and/or Madre de Dios Rivers. You can enjoy the beautiful landscape and have a swim in the refreshing wáter.
Day 3: Erika Lodge
During the morning walk, the guide will point out and explain the interesting variety of wildlife around you. We board our boat to cross the river and follow a trail for 30 minutes and observe the interesting flora such as the sensitive plants, heliconias, fruit, etc. We walk until we reach lake Machuwasi where we paddle rafts to observe the birds like the primitive Hoatzin, alligators, monkeys and capybaras with luck. We will have a night walk around our lodge to catch a glimpse of a variety of insects and amphibians.
* 2 Free Option – Canopy Zip Line: In Erika our guests can glide from tree to tree and from platform to platform with a harness on a horizontal cable rail system at high speeds above the trees in the incredible amazon jungle. You then rappel from a height of 15m back to the jungle floor.
Day 4 : Erika Lodge – Cusco
Very early we board our boat and make our way to Collpa, a clay wall by the river where a variety of parrots such as the blue headed parrot, the White eyed parakeet, possibly the Maracana Macaw and others come every morning to subsitute their diet with minerals and salts. After this activity we return to Erika for breakfast. After breakfast we pack up and take our boat back to Atalaya Port where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We have lunch en route to Cusco and arrive early evening.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Land transportation,
- River transportation,
- 01 night in our San Pedro de Orquideas Lodge,
- 02 nights in our Erika Lodge, all meals (vegetarian option avail)
- Bilingual specialized guide,
- All equipment for rafting,
- First aid kit,
- Luggage storage,
- Safety deposit box for valuables
- First breakfast,
- Water for the first day,
- Soft drinks,
- Alcoholic drinks,
- Tips and the last dinner
What To Bring
- Towel for the entire trip
- Personal hygiene supplies & medicines for 3 days
- Shoes for walking/hiking) sandals
- Headlamp or torch
- Hat, sunglasses and sun block
- Insect repellent (recommend 40% DEET),
- Waterproof gear, t-shirt with long sleeves, long pants, swimming gear/bathers
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather
- Binoculars, Camera
- Back pack, day pack, plastic bags