Short Machupicchu by Train Full Day
Short Machupicchu by Train Full Day
Embark on a thrilling one-day journey to Machu Picchu with the Short Machu Picchu by Train Full Day tour. This condensed yet immersive experience allows you to witness the marvels of the Inca Empire, combining scenic train travel, cultural exploration, and the awe-inspiring beauty of Machu Picchu.The Short Machu Picchu by Train Full Day tour is a perfect choice for those seeking a condensed yet enriching experience of Machu Picchu, seamlessly blending cultural immersion with the breathtaking landscapes of the Andes.
- Scenic Train Journey: Travel through the picturesque Sacred Valley on a comfortable train, enjoying panoramic views of the Andean landscapes.
- Aguas Calientes Exploration: Discover the charm of Aguas Calientes, a quaint town with markets, cafes, and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Bus Ascent to Machu Picchu: Experience a scenic bus ride that ascends to the entrance of Machu Picchu, offering stunning views along the way.
- Guided Tour: Explore Machu Picchu with a knowledgeable guide, unraveling the history and significance of this ancient Inca citadel.
- Free Time at Machu Picchu: Enjoy personal exploration time at Machu Picchu, allowing for reflection and appreciation of the site’s beauty.
- Return Journey: Conclude the day with a return train journey to Ollantaytambo and a private transfer back to Cusco.
- Early Departure from Cusco: The adventure begins with an early morning departure from Cusco. Enjoy a scenic drive through the Sacred Valley, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes and traditional Andean villages.
- Train Journey to Aguas Calientes: Board the comfortable train that winds its way through the picturesque Sacred Valley. As you relax and enjoy the views, anticipate the enchanting destination that awaits you.
- Arrival in Aguas Calientes: Reach Aguas Calientes, the gateway to Machu Picchu. Take some time to explore this charming town, known for its markets, cafes, and vibrant atmosphere.
- Bus Ascent to Machu Picchu: Board a bus for a scenic ascent to Machu Picchu. Traverse the winding road surrounded by lush greenery and arrive at the entrance of this ancient citadel.
- Guided Tour of Machu Picchu: Embark on a guided tour of Machu Picchu, led by a knowledgeable guide. Explore the well-preserved structures, terraces, and plazas as you unravel the mysteries of this Inca marvel. Capture panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Free Time for Exploration: After the guided tour, enjoy some free time to explore Machu Picchu at your own pace. Reflect in the serene surroundings, take photographs, and absorb the spiritual energy of the site.
- Return to Cusco: Take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and board the return train to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, a private transfer will bring you back to Cusco, concluding your unforgettable day.
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Tour vice versa.
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We pick you up at your hotel 4:00am, and then drive in our private van to Ollantaytambo Train Station to leave on the 6:10am train. (If you prefer to begin in Ollentaytambo, we will pick you up at your hotel 5:20 – 5:30). Your train departs Ollantaytambo at 6:10 and immediately enters the narrow Vilcanota River canyon. The steep canyon walls on each side are covered with lush sub-tropical jungle. Look carefully for the Inca terraces across the river, some of which are still farmed today!
Arriving in Aguas Calientes, your guide will meet you at the train station, then you will have a little time to buy a snack before you take the shuttle up to Machu Picchu. Your guide will give you the full tour, which takes about two hours. You will see all of the most important parts of Machu Picchu, including the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry and the House of the Inca. You will also learn about how Machu Picchu is divided into three sectors: agricultural, residential and religious.
When you have had your fill of the exceptional views of Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). Depending on your train departure time, you may also have time for some shopping, sightseeing or a visit to the museum or hot springs. Your train will depart at 14:55 or 15:20.
The train will take you back to Ollantaytambo, following the spectacular Urubamba River. Close to Aguas Calientes, the canyon is narrow and the river has many beautiful sections of whitewater. You can also see Wiñay Wayna from the train, if you look up high on the steep canyon wall! Back at Ollantaytambo, your driver will meet you at the exit from the train station to take you back to your hotel in Cusco in our private vehicle. You can expect to arrive at your hotel by 19:00.
- Informative talk one day before the trip to Machu Picchu (6:00 – 7:00 PM Machu Picchu Bus Packers Office).
- Tourist Transportation Cusco – Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- Tourist Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer briefing at Aguas Calientes Train Station.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu for 02 hours.
- Free time.
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- *Visit to the Museum of Machu Picchu (Optional).
- Lunch or dinner a la carte after your visit to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist Train back to Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Tourist Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco (downtown).
- Travel Organization 100% Guaranteed, train reservation and entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Meals before visiting Machu Picchu.
- Water or alcoholic beverages.
- Tips, personal appreciation (optional).
- Lodging or Hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Travel Insurance, recommended during your trip (hire it from your country).
- Requirements to travel to Peru
- Important: New provisions on the arrival of travelers to Peru.
What To Bring
- Original passport, with expiration date no less than 7 months. *Very important, we will ask you for a copy with the stamp of entry to the country, in order to start the tour.
- Valid also Identity Document for your entrance to Peru (Only tourists from South America). Important: You must receive the Andean Migration Card (TAM), it will be offered by Migration when you enter Peru. Very important, we will ask you for a copy with the stamp of entry to the country, in order to start the tour.
- Warm clothes for Cusco: Layers of variable temperatures, especially at night. Such as: Thermals, gloves, scarves, socks and wool cap for cold nights.
- Light and fresh clothes for Machu Picchu: Windbreaker, polar fleece, T-shirts for the tour (polyester, nylon).
- Hat, cap and sunglasses.
- Camera and spare batteries.
- Personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Soroche Pills for altitude sickness.
- Trekking shoes or waterproof boots for your comfort, rubber or thick soled shoes are an excellent option.
- Rain gear: A good raincoat, rain pants (rainy season only).
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Bathing suit for the hot springs (optional).
- Above all positive attitude and good mood.
- Security measures in place
- Limit visitors to avoid crowds.
- We will avoid crowds and contact with tourist groups.