Machu Picchu Tour With Expedition Train 1 Day
Machu Picchu Tour With Expedition Train 1 Day
Enjoy an unmatched and mesmerizing panoramic train journey, as you pass through the Vilcanota River Canyon. Leaving Ollantaytambo, you start into the sub-tropical jungle, nearing the Amazon as you approach Aguas Calientes. From Aguas Calientes you take the shuttle up to the archeological wonder and UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Citadel of Machu Picchu! Marvel at your surroundings as you travel back in time to this magical place. Take your time exploring the majestic Machu Picchu, the Inca ruins rich in archeological wonders and the thriving culture of the people who once resided there.
Machu Picchu, also spelled Machupijchu, site of ancient Inca ruins located about 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Cuzco, Peru, in the Cordillera de Vilcabamba of the Andes Mountains. It is perched above the Urubamba River valley in a narrow saddle between two sharp peaks—Machu Picchu (“Old Peak”) and Huayna Picchu (“New Peak”)—at an elevation of 7,710 feet (2,350 metres). One of the few major pre-Columbian ruins found nearly intact, Machu Picchu was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983.
Tour Location: Majestic Machupicchu
Tour Type: Full day tour
Altitude: 2430 msnm (7972 feet)
Temperature: Warm and Humid climate; temperatura at nigth 7°C; at day 21°C
Start/End Time: Pickup is at 04:00 am at hotel lobby and you should be back around 21:00 hours.
Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes. Lost walking in the archeological site
Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We pick you up at your hotel 4:00am, and then drive in our private van to Ollantaytambo Train Station to leave on the 6:10am train. (If you prefer to begin in Ollentaytambo, we will pick you up at your hotel 5:20 – 5:30). Your train departs Ollantaytambo at 6:10 and immediately enters the narrow Vilcanota River canyon. The steep canyon walls on each side are covered with lush sub-tropical jungle. Look carefully for the Inca terraces across the river, some of which are still farmed today!
Arriving in Aguas Calientes, your guide will meet you at the train station, then you will have a little time to buy a snack before you take the shuttle up to Machu Picchu. Your guide will give you the full tour, which takes about two hours. You will see all of the most important parts of Machu Picchu, including the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry and the House of the Inca. You will also learn about how Machu Picchu is divided into three sectors: agricultural, residential and religious.
When you have had your fill of the exceptional views of Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). Depending on your train departure time, you may also have time for some shopping, sightseeing or a visit to the museum or hot springs. Your train will depart at 14:55 or 15:20.
The train will take you back to Ollantaytambo, following the spectacular Urubamba River. Close to Aguas Calientes, the canyon is narrow and the river has many beautiful sections of whitewater. You can also see Wiñay Wayna from the train, if you look up high on the steep canyon wall! Back at Ollantaytambo, your driver will meet you at the exit from the train station to take you back to your hotel in Cusco in our private vehicle. You can expect to arrive at your hotel by 21:00 hrs Aprox.
- Transfer at 4:00am from your hotel to Ollantaytambo by private van
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30mins)
- Ticket for the Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guided tour in English 2 hours
- Small group from 2 to 8 people with an experienced guide fluent in English
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer by car Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mt. is not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
- Tips for your guide
- Buy the ticket to Machu Picchu and train tickets in advance.
- Carry your identity document in your hand luggage.
- Arrive at the train station 30 minutes before departure time.
- You should carry cash, either soles (Peruvian currency) or dollars, in small denominations, because most places in Aguas Calientes do not accept cards.
- Get on very early or in the afternoon, since the most visited hours are from 10 am to 2 pm, this way it will be much easier to enjoy the tour.
- Book flights and train tickets in advance to get the lowest prices.
- Plan your trip, thinking that to get to Cusco you must first get to Lima and leave from there.
- The best time to travel to Machu Picchu is during the months of April to October, which is its dry season, since in the other months it could rain and it would not be possible.
- Carry these items in your backpack as they will be necessary and prices may increase: water, snacks, sunscreen, cookies and other basic products.
What To Bring
- Personal water bottle and snack
- Camera + Film/Video camera (optional)
- Carry these items in your backpack
- cookies and other basic products.
|Number of persons||Price