Climbing Chachani Volcano 2 Days / 1 night
Climbing Chachani Volcano 2 Days / 1 night
Chachani is often touted as the easiest 6000 meter mountain in the world, and for good reason this volcano located 55 km from Arequipa, in southern Peru. In spite of its considerable height, the snow is very scarce in its summit, due to the extreme dryness prevailing in the western slope of the Andes of the south of Peru.
This Mountain is a not technical two day ascent, year round good weather and proximity to a large city are all assets that make it accessible to the general trekking community.
While not as climbed and therefore as crowded as the nearby El Misti, one can still find himself on the summit with a large group of people.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Altitud: 6075 msnm (19,685 feet)
- Temperature: Cold, temperatura may go below 0°C at night
- Difficuty level: No technical difficulty, Good physical condition
- Hours: Pick up between 08:00 – 08:30 am
Day 1: Arequipa – Chachani base Camping
At 7:30 am. your mountain guide will meet at your hotel then will drive for about 3 hours in our 4×4 vehicle. Once arrived at backside of Chachani at the place called Pampas Cañahuas (part of the national reserve of Aguada Blanca and Salinas), where it is possible to observe wonderful animals called Vicuñas, Guanacos, Eagles, Viscachas, Deer, Andean foxes and sometimes Condors if you are lucky.
we will start the hike at 5100m,the first part of the hike is very gradual and almost flat following ancient paths in good maintenance and marked thanks to mountain guides, the second part of the hike includes some gradual uphill. After two hours of hiking carrying all your gear for camping and climbing finally arrive to the base of Chachani (5200m) Set up the tents and have mountain lunch with spectacular view of the Andes – The base camp includes nice plateau on the north face of the mountain for almost 25 twin tents – After the sunset over the Andes you will be awarded with your dinner very rich in calories to recover energy for the next day – Lot coca tea is available on this tour, which will help you with the altitude sickness.
Day 2: Chachani – Summit of Chachani Volcano - Arequipa
This day we will start early at 2am or 4am with a beautiful healthy breakfast. Following breakfast you will start climbing to the summit of the volcano. One your all gear, depending on the season(crampons + ice axe – Snow season only). Is verified, you will enroute to the summit.
this day will be the hardest part hiking uphill (900 meters approx.) to conquest the summit of Chachani (6075m), the hike takes about 6 hours for climbers and this vary according physical conditions and level of acclimatize to altitude of each participants – 90% of climbers get summit of Chachani even if they have headache but being awarded amazing view from the top.
The summit offer astonishing breathtaking views the mountage rage including the volcanoes of Coropuna, Ampato, Hualca Hualca, Sabancaya, Misti, Ubinas,
afther the amazing view of the up we downhill hike to base camp for about 2 hours and one hour of resting and packing all the gear to get some food and then continue hiking down to find the 4WD vehicle and drive back to Arequipa (3PM) – This final journey takes around 3 hours to your hotel and end of unforgettable experience.
- Certified Experienced Mountain English-Speaking guide
- Briefing one day before the tour.
- Porter to carry foods and camping gear (tents & mattresses – Private Service only)
- Private Transportation (4×4)
- Camping Equipment (Four seasons mountain tent and mattresses)
- Cooking gear
- Climbing equipment such as crampons, ice axe and rope, only if there is snow on the top
- Meals on the Mountain (1 lunches – 1 hot dinner – 1 hot breakfast)
- Plenty of hot Coca tea
- Oxygen Bottle (inside the car)first aid kit
- Communication system, guides climb with their mobile phones
- Cooking equipment
- Warm clothing
- Slepping bags
- Walking sticks
- 5 litres of water
- Recommendations: For the one-day ascent to Chachani, you must be very well acclimatized and have an excellent physical condition.
- Difficulty: High volcanoes with walks and occasional snow near the summit, sometimes it is necessary to use crampons.
- Recommended date: March – November, even all year.
- The trek up to the top of Chachani Mountain (6070M) will be hard even if you are experienced hiker /Climber – we recommend to have a good aclimatize to altitude, good physical condition and have a good winter clothes to avoid the cold.
- we recommend to get good training hiking over 3000 meters above sea level – The training could be around Lake Titicaca or in the Colca canyon – This trek can be very exhausting but much awarded at the end of the trek.
What To Bring
- Backpack 70Lt minimum
- 6 Liters of drinking water and cook
- Sleeping bag -5ºC – Hire $8 USD per day (Group Service)
- Windproof jacket & pants
- Strong comfortable and waterproof boots
- One complete change of clothing
- Sweater and thermal pants (something warm)
- 6 liters of water per person, minimum
- Flashlight and batteries (Group Service)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Your personal first aid kit
- Walking sticks or poles (Group Service)
|Number of persons||Details||Price
this $150 USD Per Person (Up to 4 people per each guide): The minimum number for this service is 2 participants and this can be booked in advance to guarantee the depart according your request – This includes a porter to the camping gear as tents, mats, sleeping bags and other up to 18kg and only to the base camp (4600M) – Reserving this service you have to share the transport with other customers.