City Tour in Cusco
City Tour in Cusco
Cusco, the historic capital of the Inca Empire, is a city rich in history, culture, and architectural wonders. A city tour in Cusco provides a captivating journey through its cobblestone streets, ancient ruins, and colonial gems, offering a glimpse into the heart of Andean civilization.A city tour in Cusco is a captivating journey through time, providing a comprehensive understanding of the city’s cultural, historical, and architectural significance. It’s a perfect introduction to the Andean world that awaits visitors in this enchanting Peruvian city.
- Inca and Colonial Blend: Witness the harmonious blend of Inca and colonial architecture, with sites like Qoricancha showcasing the integration of indigenous and Spanish influences.
- Spectacular Views: Enjoy panoramic views of Cusco and the surrounding mountains from elevated sites like Sacsayhuaman.
- Intricate Stone Work: Admire the precision of Inca stonemasonry, especially evident in the massive walls of Sacsayhuaman.
- Cultural Insights: Gain insights into the spiritual and ceremonial aspects of Inca life through the exploration of Q’enqo and Tambomachay.
- Plaza de Armas: Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the Plaza de Armas, surrounded by historic buildings, shops, and restaurants.
- Religious Art: Explore the Cusco Cathedral, home to an impressive collection of religious art and artifacts..
1. Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun): Morning Start: The tour often begins in the morning with a visit to Qoricancha, the Temple of the Sun. Explore the remnants of this once grand Inca temple, showcasing incredible stone masonry and colonial architecture.
2. Sacsayhuaman: Ancient Fortress: Head to the nearby Sacsayhuaman, an ancient Inca fortress perched on the outskirts of Cusco. Marvel at the colossal stone walls and panoramic views of the city.
3. Q’enqo: Spiritual Center: Visit Q’enqo, an archaeological site with carved stone structures, altars, and subterranean passages. Learn about its significance as a ceremonial center.
4. Puca Pucara:Red Fortress: Explore Puca Pucara, known as the “Red Fortress.” This military site features terraces, plazas, and strategic architecture.
5. Tambomachay: Inca Baths: Conclude the tour with a visit to Tambomachay, the Inca Baths. Admire the well-preserved canals and aqueducts, reflecting the advanced engineering skills of the Incas.
6. Plaza de Armas and Cusco Cathedral:Afternoon Exploration: After a break for lunch, explore the Plaza de Armas, the main square of Cusco. Visit the Cusco Cathedral, an impressive colonial structure housing a wealth of religious art.
7. Q’oricancha (Optional Return):Additional Visit: Some tours include a return visit to Qoricancha in the afternoon, allowing for a different perspective in changing light.
Day 1 : Arrive in Cusco / Cusco Sightseeing
Our representative will meet with you at Cusco Airport and escort you to your hotel. Free morning to get acclimatized.
At 1:30pm, pick up from the Hotel. Guided sightseeing tour of Cusco including, Koricancha, temple of Sun as well as the colonial cathedral in the Plaza de Armas. The tour continues to Sacsayhuaman, a megalithic ceremonial site designed by the Incas situated on a hill high above the city. The next siite is named Qenqo, a singular limestone outcrop which was used for religious purposes. The tour finishes with a visit to Puca Pucara and Tambomachay. Overnight at Cusco Hotel.
Meals Included: None
Note: We highly recommend you arriving to Cusco between 9 to 11:30am
- Official tour guide
- Tourist transportation
- Entrance BTG