The Colca Canyon Trek of two days for hikers with some level of trek, who does not have time and they want to reach the bottom of the canyon; the two days the hikers have early wake ups.The first day trek is around 7 hours with trails down, flat and up hill, second day trek 3 hours up hill. In the road we will see:
- Explore the deep of the Canyon
- Enjoy a nice hosting by the local Families
- Have a relax in the paradise in Oasis with a pools
- Meet local people around you journey
- Have a nice Walk for reasonable hours
- Have a look the majestic Condor flights
- Enjoy the thermal Bath in Chivay - Enjoy a Peruvian cuisine in Chivay
Day 01: Arequipa Cabanaconde.
At 3:00/3:30 hrs. a.m. we will have departure to Cabanaconde in the Colca Canyon, about 6 hours driving from Arequipa. On the way we have a stop for breakfast, later we continue to La Cruz del Condor (this is the best place to see the Canyon and the Condors) here we have another stop, after we go 20 mim more by transportation, then our trek down hill starts. We trek downhill from 3.300 m.a.s.l. to reach the bottom (3 ½ hours approximately), at an altitude of 2.100 m.a.s.l. We will have lunch and some resting time in San Juan de Chuccho, a village with vegetation and some fruit trees. We continue to Cosñirhua and Malata little towns (beautiful places with vegetation, a museum, its very old spanish style church, and very friendly local people). Then it is time to start the descending hike, this time to the deepest part of our trek to reach "Sangalle", a village at the altitude of approximately 1.900 m.a.s.l. In this place you can enjoy the swimming pool of temperatured water of about 20ºC. At night we will have dinner, and we stay overnight in bungalows made of bamboo.
Day 02: trekking Cabanaconde - Chivay
At 05:00 a.m. we will start trekking uphill to Cabanaconde town with the help of torch lights (3 hours approximately). We will have breakfast in Cabanaconde. From there we will go to Chivay, on the way we will have a great view of pre-Inca terraces, some arqueological places and colonial towns amongst others views. Around noon we arrive in Chivay at the hot springs "La Calera", with water temperatures of 38°C. In Chivay we will enjoy a typical lunch of the region.
In the afternoon we will have transportation back to Arequipa. On the way we descend from 4.830 m.a.s.l. to 2.325 m.a.s.l. and pass through the nacional reserve and Pampa Cañahuas, habit of the four species of South American camelides (llama, alpaca, vicuña and guanaco). At the end of the afternoon we arrive in Arequipa (approximately 18:00).
- Round trip tourist transportation
- Meals (2B,1L,1D)
- English speaking trekking guide
- One night in the rustic huts
- Cooking Equipment
- Entrance fees to visit the Canyon (70.00 soles)
- Optional visit to the Hot Springs (15.00 Soles)
- Tips for guides
- Last lunch in chivay
- Note: For people who get tired during the trek it is possible to hire mules.
WHAT NEED TO BRING.
- Light backpack
- 1 ½ litres of water (in all the villages we pass through there are small shops where it's possible to buy water and other drinks)
- Trekking shoes or boots
- Warm sweater or jacket
- Shorts or pants for walking
- Swimming suit
- Camera and enough batteries
- -Toilet paper
- Classic Colca Canon 2dias /1 Noche
- Colca canyon classic trek 2 days 1 night
- Tour Packages 2 Days 1 Night Arequipa-ColcaPuno
- Trekking Colca Cañón 3 Days
- Tours in Cusco
- Tours in Lima
- Tours in Arequipa
- Tours in Puno
- Tours in Huaraz
- Tours in Iquitos
25% Discount of for season
Discount on services and